MHG50972 - Shieling hut and mound, Coire Reidh
Shieling hut and mound, Coire Reidh
Type and Period (2)
- SHIELING HUT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SHIELING MOUND (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Sites identified during an archaeological survey of Loch Hourn by NOSAS in 2006.
Site 689. A low, turf covered, oval shaped shieling mound, with a central depression measuring c 4m N-S x 2.5m internally.
Site 690. Shieling hut - The stone footings of a 'D' shaped structure, measuring c 4.5m N-S x 3.5m internally, <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2010 APs <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wombell, J. 03/2007. A Report on the 2006 Archaeological Survey of Loch Hourn, Inverness-shire. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.22 Sites 689,690.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2010. Getmapping aerial photography 2010. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 94538 09842 (13m by 18m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289757 (View HER Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.