MHG51150 - Buildings on Croft 415, Lochcarron
Two buildings of historic interest are present on a prospective building plot on Croft 415, Lochcarron. They first appear on the 1st and 2nd edition Ordnance Survey maps respectively.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1875 AD? to 1904 AD (between))
- None recorded
Two buildings are present on the croft. The first is depicted as a roofed building on both 1st edition Ordnance Survey maps and must have been constructed before 1875. <1><2> The building is shown as extant on a plan submitted with a planning application in 2006 and is to be retained.
The second building first appears on the 2nd edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey of 1904. <3> This building was to be demolished in connection with the above planning application. A photographic record of the building was made as a requirement of planning permission. <4>
- <1> Dataset/Geospatial Data: RCAHMS. RCAHMS_1st_edition_survey. Digital. FID 32971.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. 80NG8939.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. 80NG8939.
- <4> Image/Photograph(s): Roy Homes Ltd. 2007. Photographic record of ruined building at Croft 415, Lochcarron. Colour. . Digital (scanned).
|Grid reference||Centred NG 89227 39167 (30m by 38m) (Mastermap)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.