MHG51151 - Site of building north east of Saltburn
The site of a building and garden plot which is depicted on the 1875 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. No visible traces remain.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Extant, 18th Century to 20th Century - 1800 AD? to 1904 AD?)
- None recorded
A building and garden plot marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey. The field has been ploughed and no trace of the building was visible in 2000. <1>
The building is depicted on the 6 inch and 25 inch maps of 1881 and 1875, but was no longer extant by 1904. <2>-<4>
- <1> SHG21060 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dagg, C. 2000. Archaeological assessment of the proposed route of a Waste Water Pipeline between Saltburn and Barbaraville, Easter Ross. Unaffiliated. 26/04/2000. Digital (scanned as PDF). Site 2.
- <2> SHG23411 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. 80NH77.
- <3> SHG23422 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. 80NH7270.
- <4> SHG23423 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. 80NH7270.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 73150 70382 (35m by 33m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||KILMUIR EASTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.