MHG51187 - No 50 The Rowans, Scourie
C19 much altered and extended house.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1874 AD (between))
- None recorded
The building is depicted on the 1st edition 25" OS map as a simple rectangular roofed structure. <1>
By the 2nd edition 25" OS map the building has been extended to the east. <2>
The current footprint, much extended and altered from the original footprint, starts to take shape by the 1:10560 OS map c.1965. <3>
A small single storey store/shed of rubble with sloped corrugated iron roof and rear wall is attached to the east end of the building. The store/shed was demolished to make way for a garage and was photographed prior to demolition as a condition of planning consent. <4> <5>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-4. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Sutherland (surveyed 1868-73). 1875.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Sutherland (surveyed 1903 to 1905). 1905.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1869-1884. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Nairn-shire. Digital. 1905.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1964-73. Ordnance Survey 25 inch map: Epoch 5a. Digital. 1965.
- <4> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <5> Image/Photograph(s): Boniface, A. 11/2006. Photographs of No 50 The Rowans, Scourie. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 15791 44569 (25m by 11m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.