MHG5122 - Heath Cottage, Viewfield Square, Portree
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Undated)
This building is not listed. It is probable that it has been renamed Braedownie, since this is the only other listed building in Viewfield Square. The NGR is not precise enough to clarify the situation entirely. <1>
Historic Scotland has records for two current listings in Viewfield Square. One is this building, Heath Cottage, the other is number 27, Braedownie. There is a photograph taken in 1980 which is recorded to be of this building. <2>
According to modern maps Heath Cottage is no longer standing, but this requires confirmation on the ground. <3>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Duncan, J. Comments by John Duncan, HC Conservation Architect. 07/02/2002.
- <2> Text/Correspondence: Highland Council. 2009. Correspondence between Sylvina Tilbury, HCAU, and Lennox Keil, Historic Scotland Listing Officer. Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. 19/06/2009.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4755 4371 (23m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB13930 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11295 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.