MHG5124 - Old Parish Church, Portree
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Undated)
- None recorded
NG44SE 13 centred 48 43.
There was a church built at Portree in 1726 when Portree was made a parish (OSA 1795). It was apparently superseded by the present church built c 1825. (NSA 1845)
OSA 1795; NSA 1845.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 14, Inverness-shire, 232.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Sir John Sinclair (ed.). 1791-9. The statistical account of Scotland, drawn up from the communications of the ministers of the different parishes. Vol. 16, 155.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4800 4300 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11293 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.