MHG51275 - Building remains at 12 Peinchorran, Braes, Skye
Buildings and enclosures are depicted on the 1st and 2nd edition Ordnance Survey maps.
Type and Period (4)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1878 AD? to 1903 AD (at some time))
- HOUSE? (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1878 AD? to 1903 AD (at some time))
- ENCLOSURE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1877 AD (at some time))
- HOUSE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1877 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
Buildings and enclosures are shown in this location on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1877. These remains are depicted on the OS Mastermap data as of 18/09/2008. <1><2>
Photographs of the remains were requested as a condition of planning permission for a new house. Photographs were submitted of a single ruin which is appears to be a building marked on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map of 1903. The accompanying sketch plan shows the building to measure 10.75m by 5.2m on plan. <3><4>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1877. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. Version date 04/03/2004.
- <3> Image/Drawing/Sketch Plan: Macqueen, R. 10/2006. Photographs of ruin at 12 Peinchorran, Braes, Skye. Colour. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903-4. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Skye. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 52784 33674 (26m by 48m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.