MHG51278 - Site of former buildings and enclosure at 69 - 81 Strathkanaird
Two buildings and an enclosure are depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1881.
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Constructed, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1800 AD? to 1881 AD (at some time))
- ENCLOSURE (Constructed, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1800 AD? to 1881 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
A roofed building with attached enclosure is depicted in this location on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1881. A second roofed building and an unroofed building are depicted to the north. <1>
Photographs of the remains on this building plot were submitted to the HER to comply with a condition on planning permission for a new house. The accompanying plan outlines the roofed building mentioned above, but it would appear that the other buildings are no longer visible. <2>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Unknown. 01/2007. Photographs of Housing Plot 2, 69 - 81 Strathkanaird. Colour. . Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Unknown. 01/2007. Photographs of House Plot 1, 69 - 81 Strathkanaird. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 14875 01623 (105m by 151m) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.