MHG51304 - Derelict cottage at Lag an Duin, near Kishorn
A house shown as a roofed building on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1881.
Type and Period (2)
- HOUSE (Built, 16th Century to 19th Century - 1560 AD? to 1881 AD (at some time))
- BYRE (Built, 16th Century to 19th Century - 1560 AD? to 1881 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
The remains of a house and what appears to be an attached byre are still visible just to the north-east of the head dyke at Achavanie. Information and a photograph were submitted by a visitor to the HER website in August 2008. <1><2>
The building is shown as roofed on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1881. <3>
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Swan, P. 2008-9. Correspondence from Paul Swan regarding several sites in the Lochcarron area. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Swan, P. 2008-11. Photographs of various HER sites submitted by Paul Swan. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 83813 40843 (17m by 6m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.