MHG51311 - Possible fish trap at Cam-allt, Lochcarron
A post-medieval fish trap at the north end of Lochcarron.
Type and Period (2)
- COASTAL FISH WEIR (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A visitor to the HER website in September 2008 submitted photographs of a post-medieval fish trap at the north end of Lochcarron near Cam-allt. <1><2>
The fish-trap is not depicted on the 1st edition or later Ordnance Survey maps. <3>
This fish trap is clealy visible on aerial photography as a very long linear structure which curves inland at its southern end. It measure approximately 150m. <4>
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Swan, P. 2008-9. Correspondence from Paul Swan regarding several sites in the Lochcarron area. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Swan, P. 2008-11. Photographs of various HER sites submitted by Paul Swan. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
- <4> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 92762 40415 (75m by 124m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331343/port-nam-faochag (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.