MHG51320 - Drystone wall (part of former enclosure) east of Achranich

Summary

A drystone wall that originally formed the southern side of an enclosure on the east side of Allt Dubh Doire.

Type and Period (3)

  • WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
  • BOUNDARY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
  • ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A drystone wall was identified during a walkover survey in 2008. It originally formed part of an enclosure depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map of 1872. Part of the wall was demolished in the construction of the Turbine House in 1995. <1><2>

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 70866 47218 (172m by 52m) (Mastermap)
Map sheet NM74NW
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.