MHG51331 - Enclosed field west of Loch Tearnait

Summary

An enclosed field which may have been associated with the house and enclosure to the north-west.

Type and Period (3)

  • FIELD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
  • ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
  • WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A walkover survey in 2008 noted the remnants of a sub-rectangular enclosed field to the west of a rocky knoll. The area measures 25m N-W by 16m and is gently sloping. It is enclosed by short fragments of stone wall which incorporate rocky outcrops. It may have been associated with the house and enclosure to the north-west (sites 16 and 17). The south wall measures 0.90m in width and 0.50m in height. The site may be affected by the construction of the proposed power house and it is recommended that the access road be rerouted to avoid it. <1>

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 74130 46972 (23m by 29m) (Estimated from sources)
Map sheet NM74NW
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.