MHG51359 - Inveraskilavulin Byre, Glen Loy
A byre associated with Inveraskilavulin House
Type and Period (2)
- BYRE (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1850 AD? to 1902 AD (at some time))
- HAYLOFT? (Constructed, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1850 AD? to 1902 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
Photographs of this building were submitted to comply with a condition on planning permission for the conversion of the byre to two letting units. The photographs show evidence of a former hay loft. The wall footings of the southern arm of the L-shaped building (see below) can also be seen. <1>
A building in this location is depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map, and an L-shaped building is shown on the 2nd edition. <2><3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Bidwells. 01/2007. Photographs of Inverskilavulin House and Byre, Glen Loy. Colour. . Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 12667 83524 (23m by 20m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.