MHG51387 - Toilet and Washing Facilities, Loans of Tullich

Summary

Single storey brick built building housing washing facilities. Part of Loans of Tullich military camp.

Type and Period (1)

  • TOILET (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Single storey brick built building with pitched asbestos roof. A door is positioned off-centre at both the north and south gable ends with a number of small windows positioned at wall head height along the east and west elevations. Internally, although the building was not investigated thoroughly, ceramic urinals and the piping for showers were noted <1>. Photographed <2>.


<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.


<2> Puls, A, Site Visit Photographs (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23993.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 85714 76982 (9m by 13m)
Map sheet NH87NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FEARN

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.