MHG51388 - Military Building, Loans of Tullich

Summary

Brick built building of uncertain purpose. Part of the Loans of Tullich military camp.

Type and Period (1)

  • MILITARY BUILDING (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Single storey brick built building with pitched asbetos roof and brick abutments. The use of the building is not known although it may have served as offices with toilet facilities towards the southern end (as suggested by the small windows at wall head height) <1>. Photographed <2>.


<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.


<2> Puls, A, Site Visit Photographs (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23993.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 85699 77008 (11m by 13m)
Map sheet NH87NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FEARN

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.