MHG51389 - Military Building, Loans of Tullich

Summary

Small red brick built building with pre-cast flat concrete roof. Part of Loans of Tullich military camp.

Type and Period (1)

  • MILITARY BUILDING (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Small building with single doorway in west facing elevation and a single window in the south facing elevation. Conspicuous because of the use of red brick in it's construction (no other standing building within the miiltary camp has been built with this material). The flat roof is of precast concrete. Metal window frame survives, albeit in poor condition. Purpose of the building is unknown <1>. Photographed <2>.


<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.


<2> Puls, A, Site Visit Photographs, 30/10/2008 (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23993.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 85662 77000 (4m by 5m)
Map sheet NH87NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FEARN

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.