MHG51398 - Concrete Hard Standing and Fuel Tank, Loans of Tullich
Concrete hard standing, part of Loans of Tullich military camp, now used as a stand for a fuel tank.
Type and Period (2)
- HARD STANDING (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- FUEL TANK (20th Century - 1960 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
The concrete hard standing is present on aerial photography from 1947 (CPE/UK/0225 Photo No. 3455-6). It is, however, unlikely that such an exposed area would have used to store fuel tanks and no feature resembling tanks can be seen on the aerial photographs. It is very likely that this is a recent use of this hardstanding, probably to house agricultural fuel <1>. Photographed <2>.
<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.
<2> Puls, A, Site Visit Photographs (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG23993.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 85743 76989 (21m by 21m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.