MHG51479 - Water pump, Dornoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- WATER PUMP (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
The hand crank water pump, situated on the corner of Castle Close and The Meadows, is not marked on any of the historic maps and a building stood on this ground until at least the date of the 5c 6" OS map c.1978 <1>. The 5a 25" OS map c.1972 <2> annotates this building as a "F Sta", a common OS abbreviation for Fire Station. It is feasable that the water pump has some association with the fire station when it stood on this site. The water pump has been painted red although this is now degrading to reveal a previous green livery <3>. Photographs taken <4>.
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1971-1980. Ordnance Survey 6 inch map: Epoch 5c. Digital. Dated 1978.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1964-73. Ordnance Survey 25 inch map: Epoch 5a. Digital. Dated 1972.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <4> Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. Site Visit Photographs. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||NH 79685 89578 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.