MHG51532 - Prehistoric settlement and field system - Mullans Wood, Tore
An area of prehistoric settlement with a contemporary field system is strongly suggested by the results of archaeological evaluations in Mullans Wood. The full extent of the complex is not known.
Type and Period (2)
- HUT CIRCLE SETTLEMENT? (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
An area of prehistoric settlement with a contemporary field system is strongly suggested by the results of archaeological evaluations in the western part of Mullans Wood in 2007 and 2008. The full extent of the complex is not known. Only one hut circle was identified during the survey work, but there is a strong possibility that other structures have been planted over or ploughed out. <1>-<3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dagg, C. 01/2008. Mullans Wood, Tore, Killearnan: Proposed Development - Archaeological Evaluation. Unaffiliated. 14/11/2008. Digital.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dagg, C. 12/2008. Mullans Wood, Tore, Killearnan - Proposed Recycling Centre: Archaeological Monitoring and Trial Trenching. Unaffiliated. 27/01/2009. Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 575 525 (800m by 800m) (Centred)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.