MHG51634 - Cup marked boulder, Camas Luinie
A boulder exhibiting at least four cup marks.
Type and Period (1)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- None recorded
This site was discovered by George Currie in 2007. It is described as "a boulder 2.3 x 1.0 x 0.7m" having "at least four cup marks". <1><2>
The site was not located during a field visit by John and Trina Wombell in 2010. <3>
<1> Millburn, P (ed), 2008, Discovery and Excavation in Scotland - New Series, Volume 8, 2007, p 117 (Text/Publication/Serial). SHG24587.
<2> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<3> Highland Council, 2010, Email correspondence between Sylvina Tilbury, HCAU, and John Wombell (Text/Correspondence). SHG24684.
- <1> Text/Publication/Serial: Millburn, P (ed). 2008. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland - New Series, Volume 8, 2007. Paper (Original). p 117.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <3> Text/Correspondence: Highland Council. 2010. Email correspondence between Sylvina Tilbury, HCAU, and John Wombell. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||NG 94499 28707 (point)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/296077 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.