MHG51782 - Bronze Spearhead - Fasach, Glendale, Skye
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NG 18 49 A small Middle Bronze Age side-looped socketed spearhead was found by Mr Donald Anderson in ground disturbed by pigs at the site of a small spring. Claimed as Treasure Trove (TT 10/06) and allocated to Inverness Museum and Art Gallery.
Trevor Cowie, 2006. <1>
On display at Inverness Museum and Art Gallery (2011). Listed under Acc. No. 2007.002. <2> <3>
- --- Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 10/06.
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 01/2009. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 293342.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2012. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Broadford. Yes. Digital. Site 36.
- <3> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 10/06.
- <4> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2007.002.
|Grid reference||NG 18 48 (point)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- SPEARHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/293342 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.