MHG5195 - Allt A Glinne
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NG50NE 5 579 052.
NG 579 052. At the mouth of Glen Meadhonach, on the S side of the Allt a Ghlinne, a few feet above sea level, is a depopulated township. It comprises some 9 ruined houses, 2 outbuildings and 2 small enclosures. There are considerable areas of lazy-beds on the N side of the river, and further up the valley.
Visited by OS (A S P) 21 June 1961; Visible on RAF air photographs CPE/Scot/UK/372: 4009-10.
Recorded in February 1994. Full details are lodged with Dualchas, Skye and Lochalsh Museums Service.
Sponsor: Clan Donald Lands? Trust.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 5784 0515 (467m by 238m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11416 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.