MHG52368 - INVERNESS, HUNTLY PLACE, WEST FREE CHURCH
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Undated)
- None recorded
NH64NE 808 66077 45786
Former Free Church situated on the W side of Huntly Place. Originally rectangular in plan, later additionas to rear and S side, with slated roof and bellcote at E end.
The church is depicted as roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 25-inch map (Inverness-shire, 1868-71, sheet) and annotated as the 'West Free Church'. By the date of the 2nd edition 25-inch (ibid, 1904-1905) it is annotated as 'West U.F. Church' and the Provisional Edition of the 1930's as' St Marks West Church'. The current OS 1:2500 scale digital map annotates the building as 'Trinity Church'. <1>
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe via the Highland HER Flickr group.<2>
|Grid reference||NH 66076 45786 (point)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/295765 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.