MHG52472 - EIGG, GARDENER'S HOUSE
Eigg Gardener's House, probably contemporary with the lodge to the South. It is to be demolished in 2010.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (20th Century to 21st Century - 1930 AD? to 2010 AD)
- None recorded
The Gardener's House (also known as Garden Cottage) is to be demolished in 2010. Photographs were forwarded to the HER in 2010. The building appears to be of pre-fabricated construction, with asbestos tiles. It presumably dates to the 1930s, contemporary with the Italianate lodge to its S. <1><2>
A digital image of the Gardener's House is available on the Canmore website (see link below). <3>
<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.
<2> Private individual, 12/2010, Images of The Garden Cottage, Eigg (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG25042.
<3> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Canmore ID 295451 (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Private individual. 12/2010. Images of The Garden Cottage, Eigg. Colour. . Digital (scanned as PDF).
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). Canmore ID 295451.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 47847 84320 (9m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||SMALL ISLES|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/295451 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.