MHG52541 - Site of former croft house, 3 Annat, Torridon

Summary

A stone-built former croft house which was converted into a byre in the 1930s, due to be demolished.

Type and Period (2)

  • CROFTHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1810 AD (at some time))
  • BYRE (In use, 20th Century to 21st Century - 1931 AD to 2009 AD (between))

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A stone-built former croft house built approximately 200 years ago. It was converted into a byre/barn in the 1930s. All previous residents were MacLean's. Photographs of the building were submitted to the HER in March 2009 following a grant of planning permission to demolish the building and build a new house. <1>

The house is depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1875 with an attached enclosure to the south. This can be seen on one of the photographs. <2>

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NG 89492 54488 (21m by 18m) (Approximate)
Map sheet NG85SE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish APPLECROSS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.