MHG52545 - Roadside Cottage, Thrumster
Former crofthouse with attached byre.
Type and Period (2)
- CROFTHOUSE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD to 1872 AD (between))
- BYRE (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD to 1872 AD (between))
- None recorded
Roofed crofthouse with attached byre depicted on the 1st edition 25" OS map <1>. The building is single storey with slate roof and harled walls. A small stone-built store is attached to the north-east gable wall. It has been subdivided to form two properties, possibly in the 1970-80's and currently stands empty. Planning consent has been granted to refurbish and extend the building <2> <3>.
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-3. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Caithness (surveyed 1870-72). Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Renwick, D A. 03/2009. Photographs of Roadside Cottage, Thrumster. Colour. . Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 33286 44609 (15m by 24m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.