MHG52561 - Ruined building, south east of Reelig Wood Croft
A ruined building which is depicted as roofed with an attached enclosure on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1871.
Type and Period (2)
- HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1871 AD (at some time))
- CROFTHOUSE (19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1871 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
A ruined building in an area of forestry where harvesting is currently taking place. The remains were reported by Tim Lucas of UPM Tilhill. The supplied grid reference is NH 568 426, and this appears to correspond with a building depicted on the current Ordnance Survey mapping. This building is shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1871 as a roofed building, probably a crofthouse, with an attached enclosure. <1>-<3>
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Highland Council. 2009. Correspondence between Sylvina Tilbury, HCAU, and Tim Lucas, UPM Tilhill. Yes. Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Lucas, T. 2009. Photographs of buildings in Rebeg Wood. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-4. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Inverness. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 56899 42641 (16m by 22m) (Mastermap)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.