MHG52561 - Ruined building, south east of Reelig Wood Croft


A ruined building which is depicted as roofed with an attached enclosure on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1871.

Type and Period (2)

  • HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1871 AD)
  • CROFTHOUSE (19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1871 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A ruined building in an area of forestry where harvesting is currently taking place. The remains were reported by Tim Lucas of UPM Tilhill. The supplied grid reference is NH 568 426, and this appears to correspond with a building depicted on the current Ordnance Survey mapping. This building is shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1871 as a roofed building, probably a crofthouse, with an attached enclosure. <1>-<3>

Sources/Archives (3)



Grid reference Centred NH 56899 42641 (16m by 22m) (2 map features)
Map sheet NH54SE
Civil Parish KIRKHILL
Geographical Area INVERNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.