MHG52794 - Site of Public Hall, Embo
Late C19 corrugated iron public hall, now demolished.
Type and Period (3)
- PUBLIC HALL (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1874 AD to 1904 AD (between))
- PUBLIC HALL (Demolished, 21st Century - 2007 AD to 2008 AD (between))
- WAR MEMORIAL (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Late C19 public hall. Single storey corrugated iron building with a flat roofed extension, also of corrugated iron, projecting from the south-west corner. All windows are arched. A small pitched roof entrance porch flanked by two arched windows with a circular window above projects from the north facing gable. Decorative timber barge boarding adorns the roof edge at both gables. The building has been demolished <1>.
A war memorial brass plaque hung inside the hall. It has been placed into storage.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 3 July 2014.
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 340835.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. Site Visit Photographs. Colour. . Digital.
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist. 1.
|Grid reference||NH 81667 92700 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/340835/embo-hall-street-village-hall (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.