MHG52922 - The Old Schoolhouse, Drumfearn
A late 19th-century former school and schoolhouse.
Type and Period (2)
- SCHOOLHOUSE (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1879 AD to 1904 AD (at some time))
- SCHOOL (Built, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1879 AD to 1904 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
The first edition Ordnance Survey map c.1879 labels a building to the north west of here as School (Boys and Girls). By the 2nd edition map c.1904 the former building has disappeared and the current building is shown as a school. <1><2>
Photographs of this building were submitted to the HER in September 2009 prior to renovations. <3>
- <1> SHG24500 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <2> SHG23962 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1875-1880. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <3> SHG24499 Image/Photograph(s): Unknown. 2009. Photographs of The Old Schoolhouse, Drumfearn, Isle of Skye. Colour. . Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Grid reference||Centred NG 68762 16056 (36m by 34m) (Centred)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.