MHG52939 - War Memorial, Bonar Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- WAR MEMORIAL (Erected, 20th Century - 1919 AD to 1919 AD (circa))
- None recorded
Situated on an elevated position in the centre of Bonar Bridge, the Kyle of Sutherland acts as a backdrop. Originally erected to commemorate those who lost their lives in the Great War. Additional plaques on the base of the memorial commemorate those who lost their lives in the Second World War. Simple cast iron spearhead railings surround the monument <1> <2>.
See link below to HES Canmore record for additional photos of the monument. <3>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. Site Visit Photographs. Colour. . Digital. 21/08/2009.
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331935.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6096 9170 (8m by 6m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331935/bonar-bridge-lairg-road-memorial (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.