MHG5305 - Polished Stone Axehead - Broadford
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
Polished axe of quartzose stone, slightly overall in cross-section, measuring 3 1/8ins in length by 1 7/8ins in breadth and 1 1/16 ins in thickness, the sides roughened for hafting, found in making a road near Broadford, Skye.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1908.
Acquired by the NMS in 1908. Listed in the catalogue under Acc. No. AF 588. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1908. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 42 1907-8, p.9-12, 64-5, 162-5, 208-11, 294-7, 320-5. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 9-12, 64-5, 162-5, 208-11. 324.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 588.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6399 2299 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11586 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.