MHG5306 - Steatite Cup, Broadford
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Early Iron Age to Norse - 550 BC? to 1300 AD?)
- None recorded
Steatite cup, shallow and saucer-like, measuring 4 3/8 ins by 3 7/8 ins and less than an inch in depth, found in making a road near Broadford, Skye.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1908.
Acquired by the NMS 1908. Listed under Acc. No. AQ 81 in the NMS catalogue. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1908. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 42 1907-8, p.9-12, 64-5, 162-5, 208-11, 294-7, 320-5. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 9-12, 64-5, 162-5, 208-11. 324.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AQ 81.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6399 2299 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- CUP (Early Iron Age to Norse - 550 BC? to 1300 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11587 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.