MHG53302 - Trumpet Brooch - Torbreck
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 79 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
NH 65 40 An enamelled Romano-British trumpet brooch found during metal detecting. It adds to an emerging concentration of Iron Age and Romano-British finds in the area at the head of Loch Ness, suggesting a local power centre in this area. <1>
The brooch was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 63/07) and allocated to Inverness Museum. It is listed under Acc. No. 2008.023. See attached TT report for further details and photo. <2> <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Hunter, F. 2008. 'Torbreck, Highland (Inverness and Bona parish), metal detector find', Discovery Excav Scot, New, vol. 9. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 108. Digital. pp. 108. XY
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 63/07.
- <3> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 63/07.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 65 40 (20m by 20m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- TRUMPET BROOCH (Roman - 79 AD to 409 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/300380/ (View information held by RCAHMS on Canmore website)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.