MHG53404 - Memorial fountain, Beauly
A fountain commemorating members of the allied forces who were stationed in Beauly and District during the Second World War.
Type and Period (1)
- FOUNTAIN (Erected, Second World War - 1945 AD to 1945 AD (post))
- None recorded
A memorial fountain consisting of a large hexagonal font-like structure of red sandstone on a pedestal base. A plaque at the bottom is inscribed as follows: "This fountain is a lasting tribute to members of the Allied Forces stationed Beauly and district 1939 - 1945". Photographs of the fountain were submitted to the HER by Martin Briscoe in February 2010. <1>
|Grid reference||NH 52683 46430 (point) (GPS derived)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/320219/beauly-high-street-war-memorial (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.