MHG53444 - Building, north-east settlement, Rogie

Summary

A ruined L-shaped building with outshut.

Type and Period (1)

  • BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

An L-shaped building with an outshot close to and on the west side of a small burn. The main compartment is rectangular and aligned NE-SW. It measures 8 x 3.5m internally and is recessed into a knoll at its SW end where the well made stone face of the gable is 1.5m high. The remaining stone wall footings are 0.5 - 1m high and 0.8m thick. There is an entrance in the centre of the SE wall.
The outshot to the SE is 4 x 4m and the walls are very wasted being 0,3m high and with a spread of 1.5m. The structure is grossly overhung with trees. <1>

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 44249 60101 (13m by 10m) (Centred)
Map sheet NH46SW
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FODDERTY

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.