MHG53464 - Middle west settlement, Upper Rogie
A settlement/farmstead comprising three, possibly four buildings, and two enclosures.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A farmstead depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map as a collection of unroofed buildings and enclosures. The site was observed to comprise three, possibly four, buildings and two enclosures. <1>
The features are described under individual monument records. <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Marshall, M. 2010. The Report of a Project to Identify, Survey and Record Archaeological Remains at Rogie, Ross-shire: February 2008 - May 2009. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. Features 55-58, 76.
- <2> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 43768 59910 (80m by 79m) (Centred)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Parent of: Building, middle west settlement, Upper Rogie (Monument) (MHG53465)
- Parent of: Building, middle west settlement, Upper Rogie (Monument) (MHG53466)
- Parent of: Enclosure, middle west settlement, Upper Rogie (Monument) (MHG53468)
- Parent of: Probable house, middle west settlement, Upper Rogie (Monument) (MHG53467)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.