MHG53525 - Small building, Priest Island
A small unroofed building depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Built, 18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1881 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
A small unroofed building shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. Two buildings are depicted here on modern mapping and it is not clear which one is the older of the two. <1>
It is possible that this is the building referred to in MHG9122 which was apparently excavated by Dr Fraser Darling some time in the mid 20th century. Alternatively this may have been the larger building to the south. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NB 92106 01829 (8m by 19m) (Centred)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/4445 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.