MHG53550 - Camallt Cottage, Strathcarron
An early 19th-century building, that used to provide two dwellings.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1826 AD to 1900 AD (circa))
- None recorded
It is understood that the property used to provide two dwellings and is thought to have been last occupied circa 1940. An inscribed stone lintel above one of the doorways bears the date 1826. Photographs of this building were submitted to the HER in June 2010 to comply with a condition on planning permission. The building is to be demolished. Photographs are attached to this record. <1>
The house is first depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1843-93. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9298 4042 (16m by 26m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.