MHG53685 - Lochmore, Bridge over Sleach Water
A small wooden bridge, across the River Thurso.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Unknown date)
- None recorded
A small wooden bridge, providing a crossing point over the dam at the W side of Lochmore, was reported to the HER by a visitor to the website in August 2010. Photographs are available to view on a website dedicated to Highland Bridges (see link). <1>,<2>
Please note that this is the position which has previously been incorrectly used for recording the position of a much more substantial bridge, that also lies on the River Thurso, but on the E side of Lochmore. This point is also marked in the official Listed Building GIS layer from Historic Scotland. Records DHG1441 and MHG38566 have been left to provide a concordance with NMRS and Historic Scotland data. The positions of both bridges have been checked with Google Street View. <3>,<4>
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Private individual. 2008-11. Feedback from website visitor. Yes. Digital. W Krueger, 23/08/2010.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: Krueger, W. Highland Bridges. Accessed 27/08/2010.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Carey, G. 2010-2011. Comment by Giles Carey, HER Officer.
- <4> Interactive Resource: Google. Google Streetview. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 0723 4628 (50m by 50m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=HLX04 (Entry for Lochmore Sleach Water Bridge on website about Highland Bridges)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.