MHG54049 - Crofthouse, Latheronwheel
Crofthouse with joined byre, shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map for this area.
Type and Period (2)
- CROFTHOUSE (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- BYRE (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A long crofthouse, with joined byre, shown on 1st and 2nd edition Ordnance Survey mapping. <1><2>
The site was photographed during a site visit by Andrew Puls. Survives unroofed to wall-height, with fully standing gable ends, with chimney on W gable. <3>
- <1> SHG23362 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Caithness. Digital.
- <2> SHG23362 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Caithness. Digital.
- <3> SHG23993 Image/Photograph(s): Puls, A. Site Visit Photographs. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 1929 3331 (29m by 15m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.