MHG54069 - U-shaped farm building, Fortrose
The former farm, now a greenkeeper's workshop for the Golf Course. It forms a characteristic U-shape from the Ordnance Survey 2nd edition onwards.
Type and Period (1)
- FARM BUILDING (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A simple linear building on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map was extended by the time of the 2nd edition OS map. <1><2>
U-shaped farm building now converted into green-keeper’s workshop for adjacent golf course. Of rubble sandstone with new corrugated roof. 3 blocked up doorways and entrance to loft.<3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report: Farrell, S. Report of Archaeological Desktop and Walkover Survey: Fortrose Water Mains Renewal Project. Unaffiliated. . . Site 8.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7389 5663 (27m by 29m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.