MHG54135 - Tail Race, Power House, Kinlochleven
The tail race from the power house, passing the smelter and into the River Leven.
Type and Period (1)
- TAIL RACE (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
The tail race for the power station (see MHG33837), running down past the smelter site and into the River Leven. <1>
Race visible in aerial photography linked to the Canmore record, and mapped on modern Ordnance Survey mapping. <2><3>
<1> Puls, A, Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist (Verbal Communication). SHG23286.
<2> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Canmore ID 267709 (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<3> Ordnance Survey, Ordnance Survey Mastermap (Image/Map). SHG23361.
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). Canmore ID 267709.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NN 1891 6194 (164m by 135m)|
|Civil Parish||LISMORE AND APPIN|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:6052 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.