MHG54226 - Milton of Leys Farm
Milton of Leys Farm, shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. Now destroyed.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The foundations and gardens of the Milton of Leys farm were located during the walkover survey by GUARD in 1999 as part of a proposed housing development. The buildings, which were upstanding in 1989 (Driscoll 1989), have been completely demolished. <1>
Shown on 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping. <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Duncan, J S. 1999. Milton of Leys: An archaeological evaluation on behalf of Tulloch Homes. Glasgow University (GUARD). 16/04/1999. Digital (scanned as PDF). Site V.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6959 4181 (42m by 37m)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.