MHG54505 - Possible ring ditch and associated features, Lettoch
A possible ring ditch and associated features identified from aerial photographs.
Type and Period (1)
- RING DITCH? (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
NH 6293 4863 Cropmarks were observed in growing cereals some 150m E of Lettoch Farm, during private flights in July 2009. These suggest a 10–12m diameter ring ditch and associated features. The site is on a small knoll, with other indeterminate marks visible on an area to the N.
Archive: Highland Environmental Record
James S Bone – North of Scotland Archaeological Society <1>
Note that the reference above to the Highland Environmental Record refers to the Highland HER. Aerial photographs were submitted to the HER by Jim Bone in July 2009. <2>-<4>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 01/2011. Annual update from Canmore. Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Oblique: Bone, J. 2008-9. Aerial photographs of various HER sites submitted by Jim Bone. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
- <4> Text/Correspondence: Bone, J. 07/2009. Email correspondence between Jim Bone and Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6295 4865 (338m by 320m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/305345/ (View RCAHMS Canmore record for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.