MHG54847 - Site of steading, 327 Hilton of Embo
The site of a mid 19th-century steading with later alterations and enlargements. The building was recorded in late 2010 prior to planned demolition.
Type and Period (2)
- BYRE (Built, 19th Century - 1850 AD? to 1874 AD (at some time))
- STEADING (Built, 19th Century - 1850 AD? to 1874 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
This building was recorded in November 2010 prior to demolition. The earliest part of the building was the south wing, probably constructed in the mid-19th century. This had been extended to the north and west at a later date, probably in the late 19th century. 20th century repairs and adaptations were also recorded. Full details are available in the attached report. <1><2>
- <1> SHG25271 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Higgins, P. 11/2010. 327 Hilton, Dornoch: Building Recording - Report. Archaeology North Ltd. Digital.
- <1> SHG25293 Collection/Project Archive: Higgins, P. 11/2010. 327 Hilton, Dornoch: Building Recording. Archaeology North Ltd. Digital.
- <2> SHG25293 Collection/Project Archive: Higgins, P. 11/2010. 327 Hilton, Dornoch: Building Recording. Archaeology North Ltd. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7973 9138 (15m by 14m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332235/327-hilton (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.