MHG54851 - Jetty, Inver Aulavaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- JETTY (Undated)
- (Alternate Type) FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Remains of curvilinear jetty of drystone construction (covered by seaweed) across the tidal river within Inver Aulavaig. 35 long, 2-4.0 wide, 0.5 high. Site identified during walkover survey in October 2010. <1>
Information imported from digital site gazetteer. <2>
This fish trap comprises a band of boulders drawn across the bay between the high and low water marks.
Information from HES, Survey and Recording (DCC) 23 March 2017
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 333789.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Birch, S and Peteranna, M. 11/2010. Woodland Management Scheme Archaeological Desk Based Assessment and Walkover Survey: Crofts 6 & 7, Tokavaig, Isle of Skye. West Coast Archaeological Services. Digital. Site 7.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: West Coast Archaeological Services. 2010. Crofts 6 & 7, Tokavaig, Isle of Skye. West Coast Archaeological Services. Digital. Site 7.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 60514 12635 (33m by 15m) (GPS derived)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/333789/skye-inver-aulavaig (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.