MHG55096 - Findspot of stone lamp from Shieldaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 550 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
Steatite lamp from Shieldaig (exact findspot not know). On display in Gairloch Museum <1>
On loan to Gairloch Museum from the NMS (Acc. No. L.1958.16). The museum file says that the object was 'found on the shore, by a gravel bank south of Shieldaig Lodge'. <2>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Gairloch. Yes. Site 29.
- <2> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at Gairloch Museum. L.1958.16.
|Grid reference||NG 806 722 (point) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- LAMP (Iron Age - 550 BC to 560 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/330652/shieldaig (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.