MHG55320 - Cup marked boulder and possible standing stone, Druim Mor
A cup marked boulder, probably not in its original position, and an earthfast stone lying within a circular ditched enclosure.
Type and Period (2)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- STANDING STONE? (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
The stone was photographed by P R Campbell in 1987 as part of a survey of the cup mark stones at Swordale and Druim Mor. <1>
Douglas Scott posted on the Highland HER Facebook page about a circular ditched enclosure (see MHG55319). He notes "Just south of its centre there is a 1m high earthfast standing stone and a large boulder has five cupmarks and a deep hole on its top.". Photographs were also posted. <2>
The stone was included in D Scotts 2012 survey of the cup amrked stones at Swordale and Druim Mor. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Campbell, P R. 1987. Cup marked boulder and modern drill hole. B/W Negative. No. Original & digital.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Webpage: Highland Council. 2011. Highland HER Facebook page. Yes. Douglas Scott, 04/10/2011.
- <3> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Scott, D. 2012. Druim Mor Cupmarks: Swordale Hill, Evanton, Easter Ross. Scott, D. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||NH 5752 6615 (point)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.facebook.com/HighlandHER (Highland HER Facebook page)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.