MHG55345 - Strike A Light - Glengarry
A "strike a light" from an unidentified location in Glengarry, now in the West Highland Museum.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
Strike A Light with prominent groove, probably Bronze Age or Iron Age in date found at Meall Leac Araidh in Glengarry, and given on loan from Miss Shaw to the West Highland Museum in 1928. Findspot not located. <1>
The grid reference assigned is a purely arbitrary central location. <2>
On display at West Highland Museum. WHM 545. <3>
- <1> SHG25556 Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Invergarry. Yes. Site 19.
- <2> SHG23297 Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. 08/11/2011.
- <3> SHG28510 Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: 2019. Finds Collection at West Highland Museum. WHM 545.
|Grid reference||NN 13 99 (point) (Approximate)|
- STRIKE A LIGHT (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/330664/glengarry (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.