MHG55508 - Former Clachnaharry Public School, Clachnaharry

Summary

A former board school dated 1876.

Type and Period (1)

  • BOARD SCHOOL (19th Century - 1876 AD to 1876 AD)

Protected Status

Full Description

A small, gabled, single storey former school in the Early Gothic revival style, built by William Mackintosh for Inverness Burgh School Board. This is an early and well-detailed example of a post 1872 Education Act school in the Inverness Area. Full architectural details can be found in Historic Scotland's description of the buiding (see link at bottom of this record). <1>

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 6478 4653 (40m by 52m)
Map sheet NH64NW
Civil Parish INVERNESS AND BONA
Geographical Area INVERNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.